Today as we were sitting down to dinner I was telling Eric about all the destruction just Daniel has caused today. As I went through the list *I* couldn’t believe how long it was – and I was there for it! If you ever come over to my house and wonder why it is such a mess here is a list of most of the mischief Danny has gotten into since he woke up this morning –
- I woke up to find 5 pieces of bread jammed into our toaster oven (which I had fortunately unplugged the night before)
- As we were just about ready to head out the door for a visiting teaching appointment, Danny climbed up on the kitchen counter and managed to get himself all wet. Oh, and also the counter where my cell phone was charging, getting both the cell phone and charger wet (fortunately no damage seems to have been done to either of those electronic devices).
- While I was making soup for dinner tonight and had walked away to let it simmer, he climbed up on the counter and dumped a whole cutting board full of kale on the floor.
- He threw the spice jar of paprika to the floor forcefully enough to break it
- He got into a package of spaghetti noodles and broke quite a few all over the floor
- Sam pulled out the eggs from the fridge to play “egg-y mess”. Fortunately I found him before he could start actually playing this game. However Danny found one of the empty egg shells that was still in the container and proceeded to smash it into a million pieces on the carpet while I put the rest of the eggs back in the fridge.
- Sam and Daniel got into the upstairs bathroom and filled up the sink with water, soap and a whole roll of toilet paper, which obviously was unusable afterwards.
- I attempted to make some home made granola bars this afternoon. They turned out more like granola cereal so we put it in bowls and were eating it that way. Danny took his bowl and dumped it on my rocking chair.
- Later while I was making dinner, Danny found crushed red pepper flakes on the counter and dumped the WHOLE jar into that granola
- In the afternoon Daniel asked for some chocolate milk. I made him up some. A little while later I found that he and Sam had taken the container of chocolate powder and dumped a bunch of it on the counter. I confiscated the container and put it on a high shelf. Sam then opened the pantry, climbed up and pulled it out and started feeding the chocolate powder to Danny using the lid as a spoon. Oh, did I mention that Danny didn’t take a nap today? Anyone want to guess why?
- Danny found pens multiple times today and used them to draw on the doors of our entertainment center.
- A picture on our fridge of Eric’s parents fell down during the day. Danny found it and ripped a corner off.
- For Easter Danny received some bubbles. He found one of the three bottles and dumped it all out on the kitchen floor (at least that’s basically soap right?)
- While the granola bars were cooking this afternoon Danny found the jar of peanuts and dumped quite a few of them out on the floor.
- Recently Danny has figured out opening doors, and of course his favorite is to go out of our front door. I had been able to deter him for awhile by engaging the dead bolt since he can’t reach that high. However he’s found that by using his ride-on Lightning McQueen toy he can pull it up to the door and unlock the front door. That of course meant that one of our activities this afternoon was repeatedly bringing him out of our front yard, especially since he didn’t have any pants on over his diaper.
There was more, but as you might imagine, I’m exhausted from trying to keep up with him all day. So I can’t remember the others. And yes, all of those things happened just today. We ended the day by him throwing a HUGE fit, hitting me repeatedly and going into time out, and finally just passing out in my arms. Please bless that he sleeps for a looooooong time tonight.